Lester Public Library COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Barring a surge in COVID-19 cases, the Lester Public Library will reopen the building Monday, May 3 utilizing the parameters from phase one of the building reopening plan.
- Building hours are Monday-Friday 10 AM-5 PM and Saturdays 10 AM-2 PM.
- Face masks covering mouth and nose are required for all patrons ages 3 and up.
Staff reserves the right to refuse service to patrons not wearing face masks or displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- Computer usage limited to one hour per day.
- Patrons are to limit library visits to one hour per day.
- Building capacity limited to 45 patrons.
- Group gatherings, study groups, playdates, and meetings not allowed.
- Seating is limited and physically distanced.
These library services WILL NOT be available during phase one:
- in-person programming
- meeting room reservations and use
- soft seating
- toys, games, youth computers, jigsaw puzzles and coffee
- computer headphones
- drinking fountain
- one-on-one computer assistance lasting more than five minutes
- volunteer applications
All curbside services remain available.
In phase two, the library returns to full services upon receiving the all clear based upon recommendations from either the Wisconsin Department of Health Services or the CDC regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Curbside Pick Up Guidelines
Once you receive notification that you have items to pick up:
- Drive to the library for curbside pick-up. Have your library card number ready.
- Enter the book drop parking lot and drive to the designated pick-up spot.
- Call the front desk at (920)793-8888.
- Library staff will check items out and deliver to you. Remain in your vehicle.
- Walkers and cyclists are welcome! Follow above directions as if you are in a vehicle.
- No cell phone? Or need special assistance? No problem! Contact us for instructions.
Library staff WILL NOT accept return materials; please use the book drop.
Want to place items on hold for curbside pick-up?
- Reserve items through our online catalog:.
- Call the library’s Help Desk at (920)793-7114.
- Email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and list your request(s).
Library staff WILL
- pull a collection of books and materials for children of any age.
- provide suggestions for materials if you do not have specific titles in mind.
- make copies, fax and scan/email documents
- Staff needs at least two hours’ notice to pull any materials for pick up.*
- Requests made after 3:00 PM will be available the next business day.*
- Requests made by email or voicemail during hours the library is closed will be available after 12:00 PM the next business day.*
*If materials are coming from other libraries, same- or next-day availability may not be possible. We will notify you when your items are ready to pick up.