Customer Service Clerk
Part-time – 15 hours per week, $9.00 per hour. Customer service experience and high school diploma required. Familiarity with computers and the Dewey Decimal system. Ability to move and shelve carts weighing up to 50 pounds and able to work evenings and weekends.
Application and complete job description available below or call (920)793-8888 to arrange for curbside pick up. Applications can be returned through the library’s book drop or by emailing completed application to email@example.com or by mailing them Attn: Marie Bonde, Lester Public Library, 1001 Adams St., Two Rivers, WI 54241.
Deadline to apply is August 14, 2020 5:00 PM.
Customer Service Clerk Job Description (pdf)
(If filling out application digitally, signature may be left blank.)
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Coordinator, the Customer Service Clerk provides customer service to our patrons across the entire library. Customer Service Clerks are expected to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for our library patrons, act as the ‘face’ of the library.
- Create a welcome environment for patrons of all ages.
- Work in a polite, respectful and consistent manner with patrons who may have fines, missing items or other library related issues in person and on the telephone.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers, and supervisors.
- Be good with computers. You will need to use one to check in and out materials, look up patron information and print lists; as well as read email and shared library calendars.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving in the best interest of both patron and library.
- Familiarity with the Dewey Decimal System and the ability to put things in alphabetical order.
- Correctly answer directional questions.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality for our patrons.
- Be accurate and have an eye for detail.
- Assist patrons with and troubleshoot self-check technology.
- Shelves materials.
- Shelf reading duty.
- Set up new patron accounts.
- Answering the telephone.
- Assists with daily pick lists for library system requests.
- Performs other related work as requested/assigned.
- Assists with library programs, setting up meeting rooms, and displays.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Knowledge of personal computers both in the use of application software and the use of the internet.
- Willingness to work with new and emerging technologies.
- Mends repairs and cleans materials as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a customer service position.
- Ability to operate library automation systems and personal computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and via email.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Tools and Equipment
Library electronic information systems including our online catalog and self-check machines, the internet, personal computers and printers, word processing and spreadsheet software, cash register, calculator, photocopiers and the telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to operate and use objects, tools and controls and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, reference check and job related tests might be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.